8.09.2011

Can ANYTHING go right??

Hey Hey All!! I know I haven't been on in a while.  I have THREE projects ongoing that I can't finish for this reason or that.  I didn't know what to blog about.   On top of that I don't have my camera, so I can't even show you the yummy goodies I cooked up this week!  :(    It's soooo frustrating!!  

{{ARRRG!!}}

How about I just tell you about what I baked?  I happen to looove savoury treats, personally I would much rather a salty chip than a sweet cupcake, so on the menu this week was Red Lobster biscuits and Cast Iron cornbread.  DOUBLE YUM. I can't even tell you how much I love cornbread.  The first time I ever tried it was at  Kenny Rogers Roasters.  Does anyone remember that restaurant??  They closed down in Canada a loooong time ago, not sure when they closed in the U.S, but apparently they're still opened and flourishing in Asia.  Weird.  Anywho, I am going to post the recipes when I make them again (and have a decent camera with which to take pictures), but they were delicious so stay tuned.  I found the recipes online but made amendments, I can't wait to show you!!  I'm sorry for being a tease.  :(

Onto another problem, so I've been working on the big dining table, remember this one?  I got the inspiration from Korrie @ Red Hen Home, but I decided to not use the vintage french signs.  Instead I used this...


Since I'm putting it on a dining table, I thought it was most appropriate and super cute.  I found it on the blog Vintage Ephemera.  I love visiting antique shops and seeing crates and tables with stamps like this on it.  I love everything old.  It just takes me back to a time where I think everything was simpler and better.  Where people worked hard, where things were appreciated more, and when life and family were of the utmost importance.  I could be wrong, but I like to imagine that.  :)  I don't think I'm wrong.  Am I wrong????

Okay, I think I've digressed ENOUGH for one day, back to the table.  SO, I started painting the sign on, I used a projector which I grabbed off someone from kijiji.  Problem is, I used it for 5 hours AND THE LIGHT BLEW OUT.  Can you believe it??  I was in the ZONE too.  I finally got the hang of which brushes would be best for which letters and my hand was finally less shaky and I was more confident.  Then...darkness.  So here is what I have so far...



I know, it looks weird.  Apparently I like NOT painting in order.  Thus, the three commas and random E and T's.  :)  hee.  Anyway, I am already ON getting a new bulb, but I'm so sad because it's probably going to take at least a week and a half to come.   =*(    You know what though, the other project I am working on (top secret!) is proving to be indispensable to my learning how to paint furniture properly!  I've hit a few bumps, i.e, there are BUMPS and LINT particles in the paint!!!!!!  The horror.  So it's not super smooth.

THEREFORE, I have learned (i'm sure all of this is obvious to you pros): 

1. Make sure you sand properly before you paint
2. Make sure you get rid of all the dust on the surface before AND try to protect the surface WHILE the paint is drying
3. A PROPER brush is VERY important
4. Don't be lazy and be patient.  Paint nice and slowly, with long strokes.

Since I will be painting the legs of the above table, this is SUPER important for me to know how to do properly.  Anyone have any other tips for me??  :)   I will show you my top secret project in my next post!  I can't waiiiit.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...